Since Mount Saint Mary College is within the Archdiocese of New
York, the College follows the requirements of the Archdiocese. The
Sacrament of Marriage is performed in accordance with the Roman
Catholic Rite and is celebrated for alumni, students, or employees
of the Mount Saint Mary College community. Weddings may only be
celebrated in the Chapel of the Most Holy Rosary in the Domincan
Center, and are not permitted anywhere else on campus.
This policy is to help you plan your wedding, and to understand
what is expected if you choose to be married at Mount Saint Mary
Please read the following list carefully, knowing that we will
be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Rehearsal is scheduled through Campus Ministry, and the deacon
or priest presiding at the wedding is responsible for conducting
that rehearsal. Whatever we can do to help you on your special day,
we will be glad to assist you.
Marriage Check-off List
- Meet with Campus Ministry Office to set a date for the wedding
- Meet with your parish priest.
- Church documents required: recent
Baptism/Confirmation/Eucharist certificates (given to your parish
- Dispensation if needed (parish priest will advise)
- Pre-Cana (book with dates will be provided by your parish
- Flowers—your responsibility if you wish
- Chapel Stipend is $750, payable to Mount Saint Mary College
- A signed contract which can be obtained from the Office of
Campus Ministry located in Hudson Hall, room 106.
If you have any further questions, please contact Fr. Francis
Amodio, O.Carm. at 845-569-3154 or by email at email@example.com.
You may also contact Roger May, Jr in the Office of Campus
Ministry at 845-569-3517 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org