The MSMC Library offers two types of course reserves
- Traditional reserves, where physical items are
housed in the library and checked out for use.
- eReserves, where articles or chapters are
digitally scanned and made available for 24/7 around-the-clock
access through the library’s online catalog. Articles and book
chapters are automatically placed on eReserve unless an instructor
specifies otherwise. Certain copyright restrictions apply.
Copyright compliance is the instructor’s
The following two forms must be completed in order to place
materials on reserve:
Declaration for Course Reserves (pdf)
This form acknowledges that the instructor assumes all
responsibility for copyright compliance and securing copyright
permissions when necessary. It can be printed from the link above
or obtained at the library. A hard copy with original signature
must be delivered to the library. The form is completed and signed
once and remains in effect for the length of an instructor’s
employment at MSMC.
This form may be completed and submitted online. A separate form
must be completed for each course. The form can also be obtained at
the library. Please note that reserve items must be physically
delivered to the library by the course instructor. Reserve forms
submitted online will be held until the items are received.
Other course reserves guidelines:
- Allow two weeks for processing all reserve requests.
- Faculty must bring reserve items to the library themselves.
Items may not be dropped off by students.
- Articles for eReserves must be submitted on 8½” x 11” white
- Only one borrowing period may be specified for each reserve
- Personal items placed on traditional reserve will have a
barcode sticker attached to the item so that it can be checked out
via the library’s online catalog.
Questions? Email Tone'Ya Bryant,
Reserves Coordinator at email@example.com or