Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Administration
Concentration in Sports Management
The sports management concentration within the business major
has become an increasingly popular course of undergraduate studies.
Businesses in the sports industry are placing greater emphasis on
recruiting and hiring college graduates with academic backgrounds
in sports management, particularly those with an accompanying
business background. This concentration allows students to develop
a better understanding of the nature of sports as an industry and a
Sports Management at the Mount
The wide range of sports-related business in the Hudson Valley
region will provide opportunities to introduce students to the
industry, both in and outside the classroom. They offer
opportunities for research projects, class studies, and
The goal of the business program at the Mount is to provide
pre-professional training in business within the context of a
comprehensive liberal arts education. This concentration adds four
- Students will understand the nature of employment and career
opportunities in the sports industry.
- Students will be able to identify the ways in which management
functions and operations are organized in the industry.
- Students will be able to apply concepts of marketing to
problems and demands of the sports industry.
- Students will be able to apply concepts of accounting, finance,
and economics in the context of the industry.
Students are required to obtain 27 credits in business, 21
credits in business-related fields, 39 credits in general
education, and 33 credits in liberal arts electives. In addition to
meeting the criteria for major in accounting or business, students
must complete 15 credit hours of their 48 major-requirement in five
sports management courses.
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Sports Facility Management
- Financial and Economic Analysis in Sport
- Applied Marketing Management in Sport
- Business Internship (Sport Management Setting)
* IACBE Accreditation
Mount Saint Mary College has received specialized accreditation
for its business programs through the International Assembly for
Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line
Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following
degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in accounting/Master of Business
- Bachelor of Science in accounting
- Bachelor of Science in business management with concentrations
in finance and marketing.
Visit the IACBE website for more