Next Steps for Adult Students
Step 1 – Financial aid
- Get started on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA) by visiting www.fafsa.ed.gov
- You should receive your financial aid package within about two
weeks after submitting your completed FAFSA.
Step 2 – Advisement and Registration
- Once you receive your transcript evaluation from the
Registrar’s Office, contact your
academic advisor to schedule your academic advisement
appointment. Your advisor’s contact information was included with
your transcript evaluation. For help contacting your advisor,
please email email@example.com
- Since advisement is necessary prior to registration, be sure to
schedule your appointment promptly.
- After meeting with your advisor, you can register for
Step 3 – Last minute items
- If you completed any in-process courses, have your final
transcripts sent to the Admissions Office. Transcripts need to be
sealed to be considered official documents.
- Submit proof of MMR immunization if you haven’t already done
- Meet with the Financial Aid office to discuss last-minute
financing issues like creating your monthly payment plan.
Step 4 – Before classes begin
- Attend Adult Degree Completion Orientation, which is typically
scheduled a week prior to session start. During this evening,
students get a chance to meet with their fellow adult learners,
receive a tour of campus, and be provided with all essential
materials for success including a copy of their schedule, a log-in
and password for the college's internal website, an MSMC email
address, student ID card, and parking permit.
You will receive more detailed information in the mail.