International Admissions (UG)

How to Apply

Follow the steps below to apply to Mount Saint Mary College as a first-year or transfer student. A complete application must be submitted before a decision can be made. Please email us at with any questions you may have.

1. Apply Online

2. Transcript/Results. Please ask your school to forward your scores to Mount Saint Mary College. For first-year students, we will look at predicted scores as part of your application. If you are a transfer student, please forward all transcripts from any institution you have attended.

Transcripts from outside of the United States should be evaluated by a NACES member, such as WES, in order to complete your application and have it reviewed. Please contact the Admissions Office with any questions.

3. Test Scores. If your first language is English, we ask that you submit SAT or ACT scores. This may be waived if you are in an iB/AP program or completing your A-levels. Additional information about English proficiency requirements click here. If you have any questions, please email

4. Letter of Recommendation. Mount Saint Mary College requires at least one letter of recommendation, in English, from a faculty/staff member at your school.

5. Personal Essay. Include an essay of at least 250 words in English. You may write about a life-changing event, ethical dilemma, or significant experience you’ve had, and how it impacted you.

6. Application fee. A $45 USD application fee is required with your application and materials.

7. Certification of Finances Form (on the Visa Information page). This form is required for all students who are seeking an Initial Form I-20 for their US Student Visa. It must be sent before any admission decision can be made and is required by the U.S. government in order to be issued a student visa. 

8. Copy of your passport. Students are required to submit a copy of their passport. It cannot have an expiration date within six months of their intended start date.

9. Transfer Verification Form (on the Visa information page). Students who already have an F-1 visa and will be transferring from another US institution will be required to submit this form.

Share this page