Follow the steps below to apply to Mount Saint Mary College as a
first-year or transfer student. A complete application must be
submitted before a decision can be made. Please email us at email@example.com
with any questions you may have.
1. Apply Online to complete the Common
Application for admission.
2. Transcript/Results. Please ask your school
to forward your scores to Mount Saint Mary College. For first-year
students, we will look at predicted scores as part of your
application. If you are a transfer student, please forward all
transcripts from any institution you have attended.
3. Test Scores. If your first language is
English, we ask that you submit SAT or ACT scores. This may be
waived if you are in an iB/AP program or completing your A-levels.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Letter of Recommendation. Mount Saint Mary
College requires at least one letter of recommendation, in English,
from a faculty/staff member at your school.
5. Personal Essay. Include an essay of at least
250 words in English. You may write about a life-changing event,
ethical dilemma, or significant experience you’ve had, and how it
6. Application fee. A $45 USD application fee
is required with your application and materials.
7. Certification of Finances Form (on the Visa Information page). This form is
required for all students who are seeking an Initial Form I-20 for
their US Student Visa. It must be sent before any admission
decision can be made and is required by the U.S. government in
order to be issued a student visa.
8. Copy of your passport. Students are required
to submit a copy of their passport. It cannot have an expiration
date within six months of their intended start date.
9. Transfer Verification Form (on the Visa information page).
Students who already have an F-1 visa and will be transferring from
another US institution will be required to submit this form.