The position of Assistant Director of Campus Ministry reports to
the Chaplain, who is Director of Campus Ministry. Working with the
Chaplain and the Dean of Student Affairs, the Assistant Director
will address the spiritual needs of the Mount Saint Mary College
Community. Pastoral responsibilities will include addressing and
providing support for life issues in the context of Scripture and
the teachings of the Catholic faith.
Other specific duties include:
- Serving as a Eucharistic minister, acolyte, and lector.
- Helping with and participating in Catholic liturgies, including
leading liturgical prayers.
- Serving as a Catholic catechist for RCIA (The Rite of Christian
Initiation of Adults) and serving as a catechist from time to time
for other campus groups who are studying and discussing
- Participating in a Ministry of Presence by being available and
visible on the campus. This includes maintaining an office
environment that is welcoming and encourages student
- Being willing and able to enthusiastically embrace, articulate,
implement, and fully support the Catholic and Dominican
- Being well organized, joyful, and flexible with a good sense of
- Being responsible for assisting in organizing spiritual
programs such as retreats, prayer services, liturgies, and
blessings. Responsible for preparing the weekly general
intercessions for Sunday Mass.
- Organizing and supervising the Liturgical Minister ministries,
including supervision of the Sacristan.
- Networking and maintaining connection with other college campus
ministry offices and local ministerial sites to encourage and
enhance participation in programs outside of campus.
- Organizing and implementing the MSMC serves program including
but not limited to the Semester Long Service Learning Program, the
Giving Tree, and the Thanksgiving Food Drive.
- Assisting the Director of Campus Ministry with the budget and
all financial planning.
- Being responsible for designing all advertising and marketing
projects, including Facebook and other social networking
- Overseeing and supervising the office Work-Study staff and the
- Collaborating with other departments within and outside of
Student Affairs to provide the necessary resources for a positive
student campus life.
- Ordering supplies as requested.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Director
of Campus Ministry.
- Office Hours (35): Monday through Friday - 9am to 5pm
- Expected to attend Daily Mass at11:30am and Sunday Mass at
- Expected to be at events outside of usual work hours, such as
Open House, Family & Alumni Weekend, Spring Weekend, weekend
retreats, Spirit Week, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong Communication/motivational skills
- Live a life compatible with Catholic teaching and Gospel values
to serve as a role model and leader to the students of the
- Knowledge of Social Networking programs such as Facebook and
Twitter, as well as Microsoft office programs such as Word, Excel,
Preferred Qualifications (Includes Minimum Qualifications):
- Master’s Degree in Pastoral Ministry, Theology, Higher
Education, or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in youth/campus ministry
- Music Ministry background
- Substantial knowledge of theology and liturgy
here to apply online.