The Office of Online Learning at Mount Saint Mary College is
seeking two Graduate Assistants (20 hours per week each) starting
in August 2014. Reporting to the Director of Online Learning, the
graduate assistant works in a team environment alongside the Online
Learning staff to support the advancement of the hybrid and fully
online programs at Mount Saint Mary College.
The primary duties include:
- Developing multimedia objects for online courses and
copyediting online training materials for faculty and
- Assisting the instructional design staff with the development
of online courses.
- Assisting with workshops and training sessions (either in
groups or individually).
- Collaborating with the IT Help Desk on services related to
online learning such as service requests, inquiries, and
- Enrollment in a graduate program (Education, Business, or
Nursing) at Mount Saint Mary College for both the Fall 2014 and
Spring 2015 semesters.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organization skills.
- Good technology skills, especially with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and adapt to
- Familiarity with eClass, Mount Saint Mary College’s learning
- Familiarity with multimedia applications such as Camtasia
Extensive training will be provided.
Pending final budget approval, the graduate assistant
- Graduate tuition remission at MSMC (12 credits annually).
- A monthly stipend.
- Renewable appointment annually contingent upon enrollment in an
MSMC graduate program, job performance, and the availability of
Housing is not included.
Review of applications begins immediately until the positions
are filled. Should you have questions about the graduate assistant
position, please address them to Kayla Bickell, Project Coordinator
for Online Learning, at Kayla.Bickell@msmc.edu.
here to apply online.