Mount Saint Mary College is currently accepting applications for
the position of Per Diem Security Officer. This position’s primary
duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide general security to campus by means of vehicle patrol,
foot patrol or fixed post assignment.
- Respond to alarms, calls for service and emergency
- Detect, deter and investigate unusual activity.
- Provide students, employees and visitors with information and
- Observe and report violations of campus policies and applicable
- Enforce college regulations including motor vehicle operation
and parking regulations.
- Prepare and submit incident reports as required.
- Respond to assignments as directed by dispatcher or supervisory
- Document and report unsafe conditions. Correct or mitigate, if
possible, pending correction.
- Perform dispatching duties as assigned (answer incoming phone
calls, monitor cameras and access control and fire reporting
systems, monitor radio communications, account for department
- Perform other security/safety functions as directed or
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- High school degree or equivalency.
- Two years experience as a security guard/officer, or police/law
- Must have valid NYS driver’s license.
- Must have NYS Security certification.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
here to apply online.