The Office of Information Technology is currently seeking a full
time Program/ Application developer to develop, implement and
maintain in-house and vendor supplied applications. The ideal
person for this position must possess current Web architecture
skills including a basic knowledge of the WEB infrastructure
(meaning an understanding of Web servers and how they interact with
Web browsers). The candidate must understand multi-tier
environments in support of enterprise solutions.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products, and basic
knowledge of MS Domain Architecture required. Must also understand
the basic client server model of development, the difference
between thick and thin clients for applications, possess a basic
understanding of authentication and authorizations and possess the
analytical mind for applications development (how to translate user
requirements into applications). Knowledge of HTML, Java Script and
C# also required.
Knowledge of Java, SQL (DDL and DML), XML, MS-WEB service (asmx)
and MS-SQL 2008, Jenzabar (Ex and JICS), web service protocols
(SOAP, SAML) preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design, develop, test and deploy web applications
- Interpret the needs of the college into programming
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with
non-technical people on technical matters
- Demonstrated attention to detail and timely completion of all
- High degree of motivation and the ability to work independently
with limited supervision
- Strong organization, interpersonal and communication
- Demonstrated ability to work in challenging and stressful
- Demonstrated ability to reason logically, analyzes and solves
- Excellent customer service skills
here to apply online.