Mount Saint Mary College is currently seeking applicants for the
women's basketball assistant coach. The purpose of the position is
to support the College's women's basketball team within the
guidelines of NCAA Division Ill membership. The duties of the
assistant women's basketball coach include, but are not limited to,
1. Consults with the head basketball coach in preparing,
training, and directing student athletes for participation and
2. Must be capable of solely managing the program in the event
the head coach is unavailable due to illness or personal
3. Communicates with the head coach regarding evaluations of
student athletes and assists with the implementation of necessary
strategies to maintain the program in a competitive manner.
4. Assists the head coach in coordinating all practice plans,
team meetings, daily communications, team scouting, film and game
review, and travel itineraries.
5. Works closely with the head coach for the implementation of
the recruiting agenda. This includes generating names of players,
high school visits, coaching contacts, personal contacts,
attendance at AAU and other tournaments to identify and evaluate
student athletes, telephone and mail/e-mail contacts, and campus
6. In the absence of the head coach, represents the college at
athletic meetings pertaining to the women's basketball program.
This includes Skyline Conference meetings, NCAA/ECAC meetings, and
meetings with other conference member institutions.
7. Is responsible to know all pertinent NCAA legislation and
bylaws as it pertains to Division Ill Inter-collegiate athletics
and particularly basketball. This includes student athlete
eligibility, recruiting, sportsmanship, gambling, drugs, and hazing
policies, among others. Is required to participate in department
annual NCAA Rules Seminar.
8. Work closely with the head coach in any fundraising
activities, approved by the Athletic Department that will directly
benefit the basketball program or the Athletic Department.
9. Coordinate with the head coach to insure that department and
college regulations are understood by and complied with by student
10. Display a commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and
ethical conduct as per the NCAA Constitution.
11. Assumption of other duties as assigned by the Director of
Athletics and/or the Dean of Student Affairs.
here to apply online.