Librarians instill information literacy skills in MSMC students
through a program of course-integrated instruction, tailored to the
specific information needs of a particular class. Instruction
sessions can be requested in several ways:
- Submit the online form below.
- Contact Derek Sanderson, Assistant Librarian for Instruction
Services, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
by phone at 845-569-3351.
- Call the MSMC Library Information Desk at 845-569-3299.
Important Information About Information Literacy Instruction
- Whenever possible, please request instruction at least two
weeks ahead of the desired class date (or dates) to permit adequate
- Every effort is made to schedule sessions during preferred time
slots. However, the day and time of instruction is not firm until a
librarian contacts the classroom teacher.
- Instructors are expected to be present for the library
- Information literacy instruction sessions are individually
tailored to meet the needs of specific classes. The librarian will
contact the instructor in advance to review the research project or
assignment and discuss what should be covered.