The experience of living on campus is at the heart of your
college stay. Your residence hall is the space you'll come
home to each day. This is where you'll study, sleep, think, relax,
make friends, and learn to live with others.
Living with other residents in a community setting is an
education in and of itself. The college's Residence Life staff
helps students improve life in the residence halls by creating a
productive and rewarding community. All of the Mount's residence
halls are smoke-free.
What do our resident students think? Most say that the residence
halls were a significant factor in their decision to attend the
Residence halls, close up
Our Residence Directors (RDs) supervise the residence hall areas
and each floor or wing is supervised by a Resident Assistant
It is important to take personal responsibility for one’s
well-being by making smart decisions. On campus, our Security &
Safety office is responsible for assisting students in creating a
safe and secure environment. Some points of interest regarding
- Emergency blue light phones which have a direct line to
security are located throughout the campus.
- Security Officers patrol the campus both by foot and car
throughout the day and night, every day of the year.
- Sakac and Guzman Hall have a security officer on duty at the
front desk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- All entry doors are locked and require a MSMC ID card swipe to
- All residence halls are equipped with smoke and fire detection
systems, and sprinklers.
- Cameras are installed in key locations throughout the