Financial Aid

Adult Students

Paying for your college education is not easy. The Mount wants to help put your educational goals within reach. 

It all starts with the FAFSA

The first step for adult bachelor's degree or master's degree candidates is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Our Title IV School Code: 002778

What kind of aid am I eligible for as an adult?

Adult accelerated or non-traditional students should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, just like traditional students. Read more about financial aid opportunities for adults seeking bachelor's degrees

Federal student aid generally does not have any age restrictions. The main exception is the Coverdell Education Savings Account, which requires the funds to be used by the time the beneficiary reaches age 30. Section 529 college savings plans, on the other hand, do not have any such age restrictions.

There are, however, restrictions based on educational background. A student who has already earned a bachelor's or first professional degree is no longer considered an undergraduate student and is ineligible for the Pell Grant. (There is an exception for postbaccalaureate programs necessary for teacher certification or licensing credentials as required by the state.)

However, such a student is still eligible for federal education loans and work-study. Read more about graduate students and financial aid