The Center for Adolescent Research and Development (CARD) was established in August 2009 by center faculty Paul Schwartz, Frances Spielhagen, Sarah Uzelac, and Amanda Maynard.
CARD is located on the campus of Mount Saint Mary College in Newburgh, NY.
Initiatives of the Center
- Providing services related to measurement development, administration and analysis for school districts, agencies, and other entities (including publication of research related to these instruments)
- Hosting research conferences to promote collaboration among researchers, educators, service providers, and policy makers working with adolescents
- Developing educational outreach programs for other educators as well as the general public/parents – speakers, seminars, programs
- Developing web resources for a ‘one-stop shop’ for all things adolescent for general public, parents, and educators (text recommendations, research updates, other websites and online forms/groups, etc.)
- Developing a collaborative research agenda for center faculty
Each year, CARD hosts a conference focused on Adolescence in the 21st Century. Learn more >>
Frances Spielhagen, professor of Education and co-director of the Center for Adolescent Research and Development at Mount Saint Mary College, recently earned the Mid-Hudson School Study Council’s 2018 Educational Leadership Award. Read more >>