Save the date for our 26th Annual Conference on Literacy!
Saturday, March 30, 2019
Featuring Jacqueline Woodson, National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature
The Library of Congress, the Children’s Book Council, and Every Child a Reader appointed Woodson as their 2018-2019 National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature. Formerly the Young People’s Poet Laureate, Woodson has published dozens of books for children and young adults and has received numerous book awards, such as the Newbery Honor, the Coretta Scott King Book Award, and the National Book Award. As the National Ambassador, Woodson challenges us to question labeling students as struggling readers and advocates for children’s power as readers to choose their own books. Her platform is “Reading = Hope x Change (What’s your equation?).” Learn more by visiting www.jacquelinewoodson.com.
Request for Proposals
The Collaborative for Equity in Literacy Learning (CELL) at Mount Saint Mary College invites proposals for conference presenters at the 26th annual conference on March 30, 2019. The theme for the conference will be "Literacy for Hope and Change," and will challenge all of us to use literacy to create the worlds we want to live in. We welcome educators from all backgrounds and teaching levels to submit proposals by December 17, 2018.
We are seeking proposals that address highly effective literacy practices in and out of school, and incorporate the conference theme, "Literacy for Hope and Change.”
Information for Presenters
- Sessions are scheduled for 60 minutes.
- Conference participants will be classroom teachers, literacy specialists, special educators, administrators, and pre-service teachers.
Program Proposal Requirements
- Program title and abstract to be listed on the brochure and in the program (75 word limit)
- Program rationale, objectives, and format—why is the topic important, what do you hope the participants will gain, and how will you organize the session? (250 word limit)
- Audio-visual needs
- Presenter(s) information (name, email, mailing address, and phone number, along with brief biographical information—50 word limit)
Please click here to submit your proposal online.
If you have any questions regarding the request for proposals, please contact Rebecca Norman at 845-569-3431 or email email@example.com.