Assistant Professor of Communications
Master of Fine Arts, Emerson College
Bachelor of Arts, Hofstra University
Office: Aquinas 120D
Office Hours: M/W 10-11a.m., Thurs. 1-2 p.m. & by appointment
CMA/ENG 3320 Journalistic Writing
CMA 2310 Newswriting
CMA 3100 Writing for Mass Media
CMA 4500 Coordinating Seminar
Regina Pappalardo teaches courses in journalism, magazine writing, writing for mass media, writing for digital media, public relations, integrated marketing and communication and qualitative research practices. Prior to entering academia, Professor Pappalardo had a 12-year career in journalism and in-house public relations. She is the faculty adviser to the Mount Messenger, the Mount's bi-weekly newspaper.
Specialization/Areas of Research Interest
Journalism; digital media; writing across platforms; cause marketing.
Memberships and Professional Associations
Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
Association of Writers and Writing Programs
National Communication Association
- Pappalardo, R. and Rodriguez-Rentas, J. (2017). Streaming an Event? How to Supplement Before, During and After. In The Book of Social Media Strategies and Tactics. New York: PR News Press.
- Pappalardo, R. (2016). From Communicator to Storyteller: Follow the 4 Cs to Tell the Perfect Story. In Writer’s Guidebook Vol. 2. New York: PR News Press.
- Pappalardo, R. (2016, Feb. 5). The Quickest Way to Get Fired: Lessons PR Students and Young Pros Must Learn for Career Success. Bulldog Reporter.
- Rodriguez-Rentas, J., and Pappalardo, R. (2015). I’m a Star – Give Me an A: A Case Study on Communications during Sports Scandals. In Casing Sport Communication. Kendall Hunt Publishing Company.
- Pappalardo, R., Rodriguez-Rentas, J., Ziek, P. (2015). Roadmap to Success: 5 Steps for Creating an Effective CSR Initiative. In The Book of CSR & Green PR Strategies and Tactics. New York: PR News Press.
- Pappalardo, R. (2014). The Backgrounder Re-skinned: Writing the Corporate Story in the Digital Era. In PR Writers Guidebook. New York: PR News Press.
- Pappalardo, R. (2014, December 4). Soccer Mom Debate: Isn’t Stealing the Ball Wrong? The Christian Science Monitor.
- Smulowitz, S., Ziek, P., Rodriguez-Rentas, J., Pappalardo, R. (2014) Cory Booker, Events and Public Relations: A Case Study on Spurring Urban Revitalization. 2014 National Communication Association Pre-Conference on Urban Communities and Communication in Chicago, Ill. (Nov. 20, 2014)