Bachelor of Science in Accounting
The Mount's Accounting program educates students in the fundamentals of accounting as a skill for understanding business. It provides a sequence of specialized instruction in accounting theory, cost management, budgeting, auditing, taxation, accounting systems and accounting as a management tool.
Accounting at the Mount
Our Accounting faculty are seasoned professionals with a combination of knowledge, experience, and a passion for teaching. The combination of classroom work, research, professional mentoring, and the availability of internships offers students the best of opportunities as they prepare to begin their careers.
Students majoring in Accounting must complete at least 63 credits in the major. Entry into the accounting BS/MBA leading to the CPA (5-year program) requires a Grade Point Average of 2.85, both overall and in the major.
Where Mount Students Have Interned
Students majoring in Accounting have interned at such organizations as:
- Leyland Alliance
- EA Engineering, Science and Technology
- Warner Music Group
- Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management
- Northrup, Strader and Glenn
- The New Victory Theater
- American Felt & Filter
- Construction Contractors Association
- Spectrum Pension & Compensation
- Cooper & Neimann, CPAs
- City of Newburgh
- Accounting Associates
- Bannerman Castle Trust, Inc.
- Wolfe Heating and Plumbing
The student majoring in Accounting is prepared for a career in public accounting, corporate, government and not-for-profit accounting, consulting, as well as graduate study. Graduates of the BS/MBA program are prepared to take the New York State licensing exam to become a Certified Public Accountant.
The School of Business at Mount Saint Mary College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees at the listed locations are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Master of Business Administration (5 year)
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Administration with concentrations in: Finance, Marketing, Sports Management
Learn more about the College's accreditation, or visit IACBE.org