Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Mount Saint Mary College is proud of its highly respected nursing programs and the faculty who teach in the program. The adjunct faculty are experienced, skilled clinicians representing a broad spectrum of nursing and healthcare specialties.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master's degree program in nursing at Mount Saint Mary College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Nursing at the Mount
The Nursing program at the Mount has more than 40 affiliating clinical sites and organizations where hands-on experience is provided to our students throughout their clinical rotations.
Supplementing the actual clinical experience is a state-of-the-art Nursing Learning Resource Center with computerized human patient simulators. This center provides an environment for hands-on experiential learning to develop not only skills, but critical thinking, decision making, and teamwork.
If you are considering the Nursing program, it is important to understand the admission requirements and expectations. The School of Nursing wants students who attend the program to have the best opportunity for success.
Traditional students are required to complete the following courses by the end of the spring semester of their freshman year:
- BIO 1030/1040: Human Anatomy & Physiology I/II with grades of C or better
- CHM 1080 Chemistry for Nursing or CHM 1050 and 1060: Introduction to Chemistry I/II with a grade of C or better
- PSY 1010: General Psychology
- SOC 1010: Introduction to Sociology
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
Additionally, a student’s overall academic performance may be considered in assessing their eligibility for the nursing program.
Where Mount nursing graduates are employed
Many Mount graduates are employed in affiliating hospitals and healthcare organizations. Locally, St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital, Orange Regional Medical Center, Saint Francis Hospital, Danbury Hospital, Phelps Memorial Hospital, Westchester County Medical Center, and White Plains hospitals among others have all hired Mount graduates and often comment on the excellent preparation the Mount students receive.
- Albany Medical Center
- Montefiore St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital
- Orange Regional Medical Center
- Holy Name Medical Center
- White Plains Hospital
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- NY Presbyterian Hospital Westchester
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT
- Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital
- Bridgeport Hospital
- South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Greenwich Hospital
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Northwell Health
- NYU Langone
- Duke University Hospital
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- NYU Winthrop University Hospital
- VA Hudson Valley Healthcare System
- Albany Stratton VA Medical Center