Our goal is to make the transfer process as seamless as possible.
Our academic advisors are happy to answer any questions. Ask about our articulation agreements with local community colleges, including SUNY Dutchess, Orange, Rockland and Sullivan Community College.
To qualify for a bachelor’s degree at Mount Saint Mary College, students must have 120 credits and a minimum GPA of 2.0. At least 30 of the 120 credits must be completed at the Mount (further requirements may apply, depending upon major). Please keep in mind that the letter grade and credits earned will both transfer into Mount Saint Mary College.
The Mount accepts credits from students with the following:
- An AA or AS degree: we guarantee a minimum of 60 credits and a maximum of 66 credits will be accepted; grades of “C–” or below will be accepted only if needed to grant the minimum 60 transfer credits. *
- Courses taken at a two-year institution: we may accept any applicable/appropriate course with a grade of “C” or better. The maximum amount of credits accepted through a two-year college is 66 credits.
- Courses taken at a four-year institution: we may accept any applicable/appropriate course with a grade of “C” or better. The maximum amount of credits accepted from a four-year institution is 90 credits.
- Military Credit: The College can accept up to 45 credits from military experience and training; however, if combined with credits from a two-year institution, the 66 credit maximum applies.
- Standardized Testing: The College may accept up to 45 credits from Dantes, CLEP, and Excelsior exams; however, if combined with credits from a two-year institution (and/or military experience), the 66 credit maximum applies.
*There are special considerations when transferring to the nursing program; please consult with the MSMC Adult Degree Completion Office for more information.