Congratulations on your acceptance to Mount Saint Mary College! Follow these next steps to complete your enrollment at the Mount.
Step 1: Financial Aid
- Get started on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting www.fafsa.ed.gov. It's free and takes only 30 minutes to complete. Remember to include the Mount's school code (002778) so that we can develop your financial aid package. File by December 1 to receive your financial aid package shortly thereafter.
- For students planning to start in the spring, the FAFSA application should be completed as soon as possible. If you already filed the FAFSA in the fall, you just need to add the Mount’s school code to your application. Financial aid packaging takes approximately two weeks.
- Schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid counselor to discuss the Mount's monthly payment plan, or to go over financing issues.
Step 2: Advisement
- Receive and review your transcript credit evaluation from the Registrar's Office within 7 business days after acceptance. Transcript credit evaluations will inform you of how many credits are eligible to transfer to the Mount.
- Once you receive your transcript evaluation from the Registrar’s Office, contact your transfer counselor to schedule your academic advisement appointment.
- Registration for the fall semester takes place in April. Registration for the spring semester takes place in November. Since advisement is necessary prior to registration, be sure to schedule your appointment promptly.
Step 3: Deposit and Registration
- Visit the Accepted Student Portal to activate your MSMC account. The portal will grant you access to the necessary documents and forms you'll need to complete your enrollment process. Please note that you will need your student ID number from your acceptance letter in order to activate your account.
- After receiving your financial aid package and meeting with your advisor, you can pay your admissions deposit through the Accepted Student Portal. The deposit deadline for the fall semester is May 1. The deposit deadline for the spring semester is December 1. The cost is $450 for residents, and $150 for commuters.
- After you have paid your deposit, you will be able to register for courses.
Step 4: Last Minute Items
- Need one more visit to the college? Register for a campus tour.
- If you completed any courses last semester or over the summer, have your final transcripts sent to the Mount's Admissions Office. Transcripts need to be sealed to be considered official documents. Also, request that your final high school transcript be sent to the Mount. New York State requires proof of high school graduation for all students (regardless of age) prior to disbursing any financial aid.
- Residents, watch for your housing information in the mail. For students enrolling in the fall, housing paperwork is generally mailed in late May. Be sure to complete the information soon after receiving it to secure your spot in housing.
- Submit your new student health forms to the Office of Health Services.
- Meet with the Financial Aid Office to discuss last-minute financing issues like creating your monthly payment plan.
Step 5: Before Classes Begin
- Start checking your MSMC email account. Log on at portal.msmc.edu and click on the Google email icon to access your Inbox.
- Confirm your enrollment at the Mount. You'll receive an email about a week prior to the start of your first semester with further instructions.
- Attend Transfer Student Orientation where you can pick up your parking permit and ID card. Transfer Orientation dates are pending for the spring semester.
- Now that you're registered for your first semester, you can check our campus bookstore website to see which textbooks you'll need for your fall classes.