Congratulations! Going through the college admissions process with your child is an exciting time, and we are pleased that your child is considering Mount Saint Mary College for his or her education.
Mount Saint Mary College is a four-year liberal arts college with over 50 academic degree programs. Our 60-acre campus overlooks the beautiful and historic Hudson River, and we are proud to be a part of the vibrant Hudson Valley, midway between Albany and New York City.
We know you value a private education as much as we do, which is why 99% of our incoming freshmen receive financial aid. At the Mount, your child will benefit from support from our Career Center, Office of Student Success, and individualized attention from faculty with our 13:1 student to faculty ratio. Plus, he or she will enjoy state-of-the-art labs, a new library and athletic fields, and spacious, modern dorms. We have vigilent, 24/7 security and dozens of ways for your student to get involved on and off campus, including clubs, honor societies, paid research opportunities, study abroad, athletics, internships, and more.
After graduation, your child will reap the benefits of a Mount degree and the reputation we have in the Hudson Valley and beyond. 92% of our 2016 graduates were employed or in graduate school six months after graduation.
Want to learn more? Check out the links below for more information on these and other benefits of Mount Saint Mary College.
Office of Student Success
Security and Safety
Student Clubs and Organizations
Parent Next Steps
Is your child ready to apply to the Mount? Here are some next steps to help guide you through the process.
- Visit campus. Join us for a tour or admissions event! Register here.
- Apply online. Students are automatically considered for scholarships when they apply to the Mount. Merit scholarships are awarded based on academic record and test scores. Scholarship notifications are sent shortly after acceptance.
- Apply for financial aid. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov and include our school code (002778) to receive your Mount financial aid package. In addition to federal and state aid, students may also qualify for need-based grants from the Mount.
- Attend Accepted Student Day. Accepted Student Day is a day of fun and learning exclusively for accepted students and their parents.
- Pay your admissions deposit. Reserve your student's place at the Mount by paying the admissions deposit before May 1.
- Register for housing, placement exams, and Summer Orientation. Once you have paid the admissions deposit, your student is eligible to register for campus housing, placement exams, and Summer Orientation!
- Sign up for our payment plan. Finalize your loan details and consider the Mount's interest-free payment plan.
- Cheer on your student as they start their college career! Plan for Move-In Weekend and the start of classes in August!
For more information, please see our Admissions FAQs and our Timeline to College.