You may be eligible for HEOP at Mount Saint Mary College if
- Are a resident of New York State
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Are inadmissible to Mount Saint Mary College under the regular
- Demonstrate the academic and personal potential needed to
succeed in a competitive college program
- Are a transfer student from an HEOP, EOP, SEEK, College
Discovery, or other opportunity program at another New York State
college or university
- Meet the economic guidelines put forth by the New York State
Educational Department (see chart below)
Students are admitted without regard to age, sex, creed, sexual
orientation, race, or disability.
An applicant will automatically meet economic eligibility
- The student is living with foster parents who do not provide
support for college, and no monies are provided by the natural
- The student is a ward of the state or county.
To determine eligibility for HEOP, applicants must apply and
provide the appropriate documents directly to the HEOP Office. A
personal interview is mandatory, and once selected and admitted,
HEOP participants may continue in the program until degree
completion, with awards available for various periods depending on
the duration of their academic program.
Please note that the application deadline for the
2018-2019 academic year is January 18, 2018.
here to learn how to apply for HEOP at Mount Saint Mary