You may be eligible for HEOP at Mount Saint Mary College if you:
- Are a resident of New York State
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Are inadmissible to Mount Saint Mary College under the regular admissions guidelines
- Demonstrate the academic and personal potential needed to succeed in a competitive college program
- Are a transfer student from an HEOP, EOP, SEEK, College Discovery, or other opportunity program at another New York State college or university
- Meet the economic guidelines put forth by the New York State Educational Department (see chart below)
2019-2020 New York State Opportunity Program Income Eligibility Guidelines (based on tax year 2018 household income)
Students are admitted without regard to age, sex, creed, sexual orientation, race, or disability.
An applicant will automatically meet economic eligibility if:
- The student is living with foster parents who do not provide support for college, and no monies are provided by the natural parents.
- The student is a ward of the state or county.
To determine eligibility for HEOP, applicants must apply and provide the appropriate documents directly to the HEOP Office. A personal interview is mandatory, and once selected and admitted, HEOP participants may continue in the program until degree completion, with awards available for various periods depending on the duration of their academic program.
Please note that the application deadline for the 2020-2021 academic year is January 15, 2020.
Click here to learn how to apply for HEOP at Mount Saint Mary College.