All incoming nursing students are required to complete the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) which measures essential skills in the academic areas of reading, mathematics, science, and English. The TEAS is commonly used by nursing programs nationally.
The purpose of this test is not to determine eligibility for admission; rather, it is required in lieu of our traditional placement test to determine readiness in mathematics and to provide our School of Nursing with important foundational information on the incoming freshman class, so that they can better serve you.
Facts about the TEAS exam:
- The TEAS exam will be offered on two dates in the spring, and takes approximately 3½ hours to complete.
- Nursing students who are taking the TEAS examination are not allowed to use a calculator.
- Only those students who have been admitted directly into the nursing program are eligible to take the TEAS test.
Important notes about the tests:
- Please make sure that the Office of Admissions has your most recent SAT/ACT scores prior to testing.
- Updated SAT/ACT scores, advanced placement scores and/or transcripts must be received three (3) business days prior to testing.
- Test scores will not be issued until the admissions deposit is paid in full.
On the testing date you have registered for, please plan on arriving at the Mathematics, Science and Technology (MST) Center for check-in at 12:15 pm. The TEAS exam will begin shortly thereafter.
Questions about the College’s academic testing program may be addressed to the Office of Student Success by emailing email@example.com or calling 845-569-3177.