We know the moment you open your acceptance packet, you’re going to be counting down the days until college! While you wait for move in day, check out this timeline of steps to complete before becoming a Mount student.
- Visit the Accepted Student Portal to activate your MSMC account. The portal will grant you access to the necessary documents and event registration forms you'll need to complete your enrollment process. This is also where you can reserve your place in the Mount’s Class of 2023 by paying your admissions deposit online.
- Schedule a campus visit. Fall is the perfect time to visit our Hudson Valley campus!
- Get ready to file your FAFSA starting October 1. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid can be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It's free and takes only 30 minutes to complete. Remember to include the Mount's school code (002778) so that we can develop your financial aid package. You'll need your family's 2017 tax information to complete the FAFSA.
- Join our MSMC Class of 2023 Facebook Group to connect with your future classmates.
- Complete your FAFSA by the Mount’s December 1 priority deadline and you will receive your financial aid package soon after it is submitted.
- Do you participate in school or community activities? If so, apply for the Mount’s Leadership Scholarship.
- If you still haven't had a chance to visit campus, register for our last Open House of the season on Sunday, January 27!
- File your FAFSA by February 15 to receive full consideration for Mount need-based grants, state, and federal aid.
- Register to attend an Accepted Student Day on March 3 or April 6, 2019, and meet other members of the Class of 2023. Have fun, explore campus, and find out why the Mount is right for you!
- Attend the Mount’s Accepted Student Day on March 3.
- Already sure the Mount’s for you? Pay your admissions deposit online, and secure your place in the freshman class. Once your deposit is paid, you'll be in line to receive more information about Orientation, housing, and registration for fall classes. Deposits are due May 1 and are refundable prior to the deadline.
- Attend the Mount’s Accepted Student Day on April 6.
- Set up an appointment with the Office of Financial Aid if you need to discuss payment options or last-minute financing issues.
- Need one more visit to the college? Register for a campus tour.
- Ready to pay your admissions deposit? Call the Admissions Office at 1-888-YES-MSMC to pay by phone or visit the Accepted Student Portal to pay online. Deposits are due May 1 and are refundable prior to the deadline.
- Are placement exams required for your major? Visit our Academic Testing web page to find out. If you require testing accommodations, submit the appropriate disability paperwork to the Office of Disability Services beginning April 1.
- Admissions deposits are due by May 1. Pay your deposit online, or call 1-888-YES-MSMC to pay by phone.
- Make sure to complete all required placement exams in order to register for classes. Visit our Academic Testing web page to learn more about who is required to test.
- Residents, watch for your housing information in the mail! Once you receive your packet, be sure to complete your Housing Application and Agreement through the Accepted Student Portal.
- Register for New Student Summer Orientation through the Accepted Student Portal. Registration opens May 1 to students who have paid their admissions deposit.
- If you are a student with a disability and require accommodations, be sure to submit all necessary documentation to the Office of Disability Services for the fall semester.
- Residents: Remember to complete your housing paperwork online if you plan to live on campus.
- Ask your high school counselor to send your official high school transcripts to the Mount. Final transcripts showing proof of high school graduation must be submitted to the Mount prior to August 1. This document is required for us to disburse your financial aid.
- View your first semester tuition bill by following the link on the Accepted Student Portal.
- Are you applying for a loan? If so, both students and parents can complete loan applications now. Get started at www.studentloans.gov
- If you'd like to pay your fall semester expenses in five monthly installments, you can enroll in the Mount's Monthly Payment Plan beginning on June 15. Your first payment will be due on July 15.
- Complete your new student health forms and return them to the college's Office of Health Services by August 1.
- Attend New Student Summer Orientation.
- Did you take any college courses during your senior year? If so, request your official sealed transcript be sent to the Mount's Admissions Office by August 1. College course transcripts must be sent from the college that awarded the credit.
- Did you take any Advanced Placement exams? If so, remember to request an official transcript from the College Board so we can evaluate your AP credit.
- If you enrolled in the Mount's Monthly Payment Plan, your first payment is due by July 15.
- Complete your Title IX training. This training is required for all new students prior to the first day of the fall semester to ensure that all students understand the culture of safety at the Mount. More information about this requirement will be provided at Orientation.
- Residents, watch for your housing assignment in the mail!
- Start checking your MSMC email account. Log on at portal.msmc.edu and click on the Google email icon to access your Inbox. In mid-August, you'll start receiving information about fall semester events, including Convocation and Family Weekend.
- Confirm your fall semester enrollment. You'll receive an email in mid-August with further instructions.
- Now that you're registered for your first semester, you can check our campus bookstore website to see which textbooks you'll need for your fall classes.
- Get ready to move in! Move-in day for residents is Sunday, August 25, and fall classes will begin on Monday, August 26. View our list of What to Bring to be sure you're prepared.