Returning students choose their housing for the subsequent academic year during the room selection process in the spring semester. Students are given a randomly generated number based on their academic class year. (Class year is determined by the earned credits as of the completion of the fall semester.) Students choose their room in order of their numbers starting with senior students down to freshmen students.
Housing is guaranteed for all students who appropriately follow the room selection procedures and pay and return paperwork by the stated deadlines. A brief description of the room selection process is as follows:
- Returning students can avoid long lines by opting to pay the required $300 housing deposit online. Housing deposits may be paid by credit card or check online. Online housing deposits must be received by 3 pm on Friday, February 22, 2019. Please make sure you know your MSMC email account, as it will be needed for the transaction to be completed. Make an online housing deposit.
- Returning Students may also pay by check, cash, credit card, or money order in person at the Finance Office by 4:30 pm Friday, February 22, 2019.
- Returning students whose housing deposit is received after Friday, February 22, 2019, will not take part in the Room Selection Process, even if their desired roommate does. They will be placed on a waiting list and will be housed during the summer, if/when space becomes available.
- Refund requests will ONLY be accepted until Monday, March 25, 2019. No refunds will be granted after that date. Refund requests must be made in writing to the Residence Life Office.
- Room Selection will take place Monday April 1st through Wednesday April 3rd, 2019. All returning students who pay a deposit by the deadline of Friday, February 22, 2019, will receive Room Selection details directly to their MSMC email account after the deadline.