Since Mount Saint Mary College is within the Archdiocese of New York, the College follows the requirements of the Archdiocese. The Sacrament of Marriage is performed in accordance with the Roman Catholic Rite and is celebrated for alumni, students, or employees of the Mount Saint Mary College community. Weddings may only be celebrated in the Chapel of the Most Holy Rosary in the Domincan Center and are not permitted anywhere else on campus.
This policy is to help you plan your wedding and understand what is expected if you choose to be married at Mount Saint Mary College.
Please read the following list carefully knowing that we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Rehearsal is scheduled through Campus Ministry, and the deacon or priest presiding at the wedding is responsible for conducting that rehearsal. Whatever we can do to help you on your special day, we will be glad to assist you!
Marriage Check-off List
- Meet with Campus Ministry Office to set a date for the wedding and rehearsal.
- Meet with your parish priest.
- Church documents required: recent Baptism/Confirmation/Eucharist certificates (given to your parish priest)
- Dispensation if needed (parish priest will advise)
- Pre-Cana (book with dates will be provided by your parish priest)
- Flowers and some decorations are permitted.
- Chapel Stipend is $750, payable to Mount Saint Mary College Campus Ministry
- A signed contract which can be obtained from the Office of Campus Ministry located in Hudson Hall, room 106.
If you have any further questions, please contact Melody Sarno in the Office of Campus Ministry at 845-569-3517 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Fr. Greg Fluet at 845-569-3154 or by email at email@example.com.