Interning Abroad: Work overseas!
Interning abroad will encourage personal development and help you become an engaged world citizen ready to succeed in the new global economy. We combine practical work experiences with academic goals that will give you a competitive edge for the career you always imagined.
International internships provide you with a well-rounded education that will help you broaden your academic perspectives, increase global awareness, and build cultural competency.
Who: All majors welcome. Academic credits may vary.
Where: Intern anywhere, including places like Australia, China, Costa Rica, England, Ecuador, France, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Scotland, Spain, South Africa, and more!
Affiliated Institution: CISabroad International Internships
Costs: Costs vary by site and range from $3,190-$8,290. Cost includes tuition and fees, airport reception, orientation, 24-hour resident staff support, housing, excursions, immersion activities, and comprehensive medical insurance. Food, airfare, spending money, and other travel expenses are not included.
Duration: Approximately 8-12 weeks, depending on the internship.
Housing: Housing facilities vary by site, and may include apartments, dormitories, or home-stays.
Gain practical work experience from around the world
Enhance your resume and add a powerful dimension that will build your professional credentials before graduating. We customize each internship to your personal and professional goals. You can work in international banking, event planning, and public relations or market products for a well-known fashion designer, translate promotional materials, or develop websites for an international brand. The sky is the limit!
Students must meet with the Career Center to complete the international internship registration. The process to intern abroad is very simple. Follow the steps below.
- Attend an Internship Information Session.
- Create a professional portfolio with help from the Career Center.
- Explore internship programs and submit your CISabroad online application with support from the Career Center.
- Once accepted, CISabroad will set up an interview via Skype or telephone for you to talk with potential organizations.
- Accept a position and provide your Career Center with the employer's contact information.
- Your career counselor will work with faculty to award you MSMC academic credit for your internship.
3 MSMC credits = minimum 135 work hours
6 MSMC credits = minimum 270 work hours
- Meet with your career counselor to register for the internship credit. You must do this before you leave campus to start the internship abroad.
Requirements: A minimum 2.5 GPA is required. Additionally, all students must complete 30 or more undergraduate credits, have sophomore status, and complete application to CISAbroad.
Admissions: In order to participate in the Intern Abroad Program, you must complete steps 1-3 above 3 months prior to your departure date.. Once your application is submitted and accepted, the interview process will begin.
Application Deadline: 3 months prior to your departure date.