A partnership between MSMC Faculty and the Career Center
Request a Presentation
Need to be out of class? Don’t cancel! Let us provide an informative presentation designed to provide your students with information they need to be competitive in today’s job market.
Please note that each topic can be tailored to specific group needs.
- LinkedIn – Interactive workshop held in a computer classroom where students build their online profiles and learn how to use LinkedIn in building a network, searching for jobs, connecting with alumni, and more.
- Effective Interview Techniques – Students learn how to prepare for interviews. Discussion will include do’s and don’ts, most frequently asked questions, and personal presentation.
- Competitive Resumes and Cover Letters – Students learn how compose a resume and cover letter, how to tailor both to a job posting, and how to demonstrate his/her skills and experience.
- Job Search Strategies – Students learn best practices and strategies for finding jobs through networking, online resources, employer contact opportunities, and more.
- CC 101 – Introductory workshop that will inform students of the various services provided by the MSMC Career Center. Topics include career assessment testing, internship and job shadow experiences, graduate school applications, job search strategies, and study abroad programs.
- Graduate School Info Session – Students planning to attend grad school learn how to identify potential programs, how to manage the application process, how to write a personal statement, etc.
- Week One on the Job – Once a student lands the job, s/he needs to know what to expect and how to start the job on the right foot. Best practices, scenarios, and group discussion.
- Study Abroad FAQs - Hear about the exciting opportunities to learn and explore places abroad! Students will learn when they are eligible to participate, the application process, financing study abroad, etc.
Invite a Guest Speaker
Employers always welcome the opportunity to speak to your class. We have a network of professionals in a variety of fields, so let us know what the topic is, and we’ll connect you!
Schedule a Road Trip
Bring the classroom to life with a road trip to a local or NYC area employer! Let us make arrangements to meet with professionals in the field and to tour the organization. Past trips included the NY Stock Exchange, Orange County Business Accelerator, Newburgh City Court, Madison Square Garden, the FDR National Historic Site, Indeed, Fox News, etc.
Refer students to our office to work 1:1 with professional staff on career development and employment issues and questions. Remember, students have access to our resources as alumni, free of charge.
Let us know when students/alumni accept fulltime job offers. Connect us with your cousin who works in HR at that NYC firm and your neighbor who is looking to hire an intern. Your connections are priceless!
Attend our events and meet employers and guest speakers. Employers want to know you and we’re confident you will also benefit from the connection.
Faculty Reference Forms
Download the Faculty Reference Form (PDF).
Contact us directly at email@example.com or 845-569-3175. We look forward to working with you!