Welcome! We understand that career development can be a very labor intensive process for your son or daughter, but please be assured that the Career Center staff is here to assist. We can help with choosing a major, internships, resumé development skills, job search strategies, career exploration, graduate school, and study abroad. We hope the following resources and programs will be of assistance to your son or daughter.
The following events are run every academic year.
- Graduate School Fair held in the fall semester. Students can meet graduate school recruiters and learn about programs, admission requirements, and financial aid.
- Real World Connections is a series of events that bring employers and alumni to campus to network and recruit for full-time jobs and internships. The program runs throughout the academic year and is open to seniors in all majors.
- Educator Recruitment Day is held in the spring semester on campus in partnership with the Newburgh Enlarged City School District. Students searching for positions in school districts have the opportunity to submit their resumé to various school districts for possible interviews.
- Mock Interviews with employers who provide feedback on ways to improve interview skills.
- Meet a Mentor Dinner is an opportunity for all students to meet and network with alumni over dinner. Co-sponsored with Alumni Affairs.
- Study Abroad Fair offered every fall semester. Open to all students.
We offer the following services throughout the semester:
- Knight Network: Full-time and part-time job and internship database for the exclusive use of Mount Saint Mary College students and alumni.
- 1:1 Career Counseling Appointments: By appointment or by chance. Please call the Career Center to schedule an appointment. You may also schedule an appointment online at www.msmc.edu/knightnetwork. Log in, click on Career Experts and click the calendar icon next to the person you wish to make the appointment with.
- Internship Information Sessions: This program introduces students to the pre-requisites needed to participate in an internship or volunteer experience.
- Interview Strategies: These workshops facilitated by employers provide students with strategies and skills needed to present themselves effectively when applying for a job.
- Resumé and Cover Letter Workshops: Students learn how to develop and format a professional resumé and cover letter that reflects their education, skills, and experience.
- LinkedIn Workshops: Students learn how to create their professional online presence.
- Road Trips: We offer road trips for students to partnering employers. Past visits included: the NY Stock Exchange, Madison Square Garden, Orange County Court, Indeed, NY Public Radio, and the Poughkeepsie Journal.
- Graduate School and Scholarship Information: Detailed, step-by-step information on how to apply to graduate school and obtain financing.
- Study Abroad Advising