Welcome! We understand that career development can be a very labor intensive process for your son or daughter, but please be assured that the Center for Career and Experiential Education (CCEE) staff is here to assist. We can help with choosing a major, internships, resumé development skills, job search strategies, career exploration, and graduate school. All of the services we offer are open to all students and alumni from all class years/majors. We hope the following resources and programs will be of assistance to your son or daughter.
The following events are run every academic year.
- Graduate and Professional School Fair held in the fall semester. Students can meet graduate school recruiters and learn about programs, admission requirements, and financial aid.
- Real World Connections is a series of events that bring employers and alumni to campus to network and recruit for full-time jobs and internships. The program runs throughout the academic year and is open to seniors in all majors.
- Teacher Recruitment Day is held in the spring semester. Students searching for a teaching position have the opportunity to submit their resumé to various school districts for possible interviews and to attend a recruitment fair held in partnership with SUNY New Paltz.
- Mock Interviews with employers who provide feedback on ways to improve interview skills.
- Meet a Mentor Dinner is an opportunity for sophomores, juniors, and seniors to meet and network with alumni over dinner. Co-sponsored with Alumni Affairs.
- Dining Etiquette Dinner teaches proper etiquette when dining with professionals from the work place. This program is led by a Culinary Institute of America faculty member.
We offer the following services throughout the semester:
- Career Center Connections: Full-time and part-time job and internship database for the exclusive use of Mount Saint Mary College students and alumni.
- 1:1 Career Counseling Appointments: Please call the Center for Career and Experiential Education to schedule an appointment.
- Drop-in Hours: 15 minute sessions with a career counselor, no appointment needed when traditional classes are in session. These are held Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 11 am-1 pm and on Wednesday from 3-5 pm in Aquinas 151.
- Information Sessions: This program introduces students to the pre-requisites needed to participate in an internship or volunteer experience.
- Interview Strategies: These workshops provide students with strategies and skills needed to present themselves effectively when applying for a job.
- Resumé and Cover Letter Workshops: Students learn how to develop and format a professional resumé and cover letter that reflects their education, skills, and experience.
- LinkedIn Workshops: Students learn how to create their professional online presence.
- Road Trips: We offer road trips for students to partnering employers. Past visits included: the NY Stock Exchange, Madison Square Garden, Orange County Court, Indeed, NY Public Radio, and the Poughkeepsie Journal.
- Graduate School and Scholarship Information: Detailed, step-by-step information on how to apply to graduate school and obtain financing.