Make sure you complete all of these important to-do items before the new semester begins!
- File your FAFSA. Not filing? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign your Award Letter on the MSMC Portal.
- Selected for Verification? Check your MSMC Portal account for missing documents.
- Complete Loan Documents, including Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note, PLUS Loan Request, and PLUS MPN.
- Complete NYS Aid applications (ETA, TAP, etc.).
- If you're eligible for Federal Work Study (optional), complete department selection on the MSMC Portal, under the Work Study tab and view required documents.
- Sign your Finance Contract.
- View your estimated bill on the MSMC Portal.
- Make a payment. (Fall semester bills are due August 20.)
- Enroll in the Monthly Payment Plan (optional). The last day to enroll for the fall semester is September 14.
- Purchase Mount Money (optional). Add money to your Mount ID card for use on and off campus.
- Purchase Commuter Meal Plans (optional). Visit or call the SFS Office to get started.
Please note: Missing financial aid documents and/or failure to submit payment by the due date will result in a late fee up to $200.
Remember, you can visit the MSMC Portal to sign your award letter, view missing documents, print financial aid forms, view your bill, and submit payments.
Download a printable copy of this checklist.