The MSMC Library offers two types of course reserves services:
- Traditional reserves, where physical items are housed in the library and checked out for use.
- eReserves, where articles or chapters are digitally scanned and made available for 24/7 around-the-clock access through the library’s online catalog. Articles and book chapters are automatically placed on eReserve unless an instructor specifies otherwise. Certain copyright restrictions apply. Copyright compliance is the instructor’s responsibility.
The following two forms must be completed in order to place materials on reserve:
Copyright Declaration for Course Reserves (pdf)
This form acknowledges that the instructor assumes all responsibility for copyright compliance and securing copyright permissions when necessary. It can be printed from the link above or obtained at the library. A hard copy with original signature must be delivered to the library. The form is completed and signed once and remains in effect for the length of an instructor’s employment at MSMC.
Course Reserves Request Form
This form may be completed and submitted online. A separate form must be completed for each course. The form can also be obtained at the library. Please note that reserve items must be physically delivered to the library by the course instructor. Reserve forms submitted online will be held until the items are received.
Other course reserves guidelines:
- Allow two weeks for processing all reserve requests.
- Faculty must bring reserve items to the library themselves. Items may not be dropped off by students.
- Articles for eReserves must be submitted on 8½” x 11” white bond paper.
- Only one borrowing period may be specified for each reserve item.
- Personal items placed on traditional reserve will have a barcode sticker attached to the item so that it can be checked out via the library’s online catalog.
Questions? Email Rodney Hoffner, Stacks Coordinator at email@example.com or call 845-569-3603.