Join us on March 13 for an Information Session!
We believe in the value of a humanities-centered degree. Each day we see our humanities graduates go on to do amazing work in their fields, because employers – including the world’s top CEOs – seek these vital skills honed by humanities educated candidates:
- Critical and creative thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Rhetorical skills
- The ability to work well in a team
- Emotional intelligence
Although these skills are emphasized across the curriculum no matter your major (just one benefit of attending a liberal arts college!), they are hard-wired into English, History, Philosophy, and other such disciplines – all of which are combined in this interdisciplinary studies, Humanities@Work Program.
Humanities@Work is a highly-competitive, affordable college degree program built to instill an array of highly valued skills. We want to ensure that anyone who wants to pursue a college degree can do so in a way that matters and resonates with employers.
Students accepted into the Humanities@Work program will:
- Major in Interdisciplinary Studies (AKA you can hand-build your own major!)
- Work together in a cohort model to build these skills both inside and outside the classroom
- Learn in seminar-style classes that are typically fewer than 15 students per class
- Participate in an internship each year (with a deeply-immersive internship senior year!)
- Explore opportunities such as honors seminars as well as service and field trips
- Be encouraged to customize their degree with unique concentrations and minors
- Fully immerse themselves in the program by living on campus (room and board fees apply)
Contrary to the stereotype, humanities majors land dream jobs that give them the ability to change the world (there’s even a recent study exploring the topic!).
Most importantly, the Humanities@Work program is about you: customize a degree experience that is uniquely yours and will prepare you for a life of work and enjoyment. Want to learn more? Sign up for our Information Session Below!