Fall 2020 Schedule
There are some notable changes to the academic calendar for this coming semester: Students returned earlier, and classes will move online after Thanksgiving.
- Thursday, August 20 and Friday, August 21: Freshmen move into residence halls
- Friday, August 21 – Sunday, August 23: Upper-classmen move into residence halls
- Monday, August 24: Classes begin
- Monday, September 7: Labor Day. No classes.
- Monday, October 12: Columbus Day. No classes.
- Tuesday, November 24: Last day of on-campus classes
- Wednesday, November 25 – Sunday, November 29: Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, November 30: Fall semester resumes with classes online
- Saturday, December 5: Last day of classes
- Monday December 7 – Saturday, December 12: Virtual Final Exams Week
- Sunday, December 13: Winter Break begins
Roommates and Suitemates
Roommates and suitemates are considered a “family unit” and students do not need to wear face coverings while in their room by themselves or with other members of their “family unit.” Each separate unit needs to maintain social distancing and wear face coverings when in close proximity. Residence halls will be closed to all visitors and guests. This includes other campus residents. Only those who live in the building may enter.
The number of individuals in common spaces is limited. The college provides enhanced regular cleaning of all Residence Hall common spaces, bathrooms, hallways, and stairwells.
Family units living in the College Courts and the Dominican Center are assigned to specific bathrooms to limit the number of students sharing the space. Personal items should not be stored in shared bathrooms. Common bathrooms in residence halls are cleaned twice daily.
Residence halls are closed to all visitors and guests. This includes other campus residents. Only those who live in the building may enter.