The Mount Saint Mary College Center for Adolescent Research and Development (CARD) is a clearinghouse for research initiatives. These include the psychological, social, cultural, educational, and health-related issues endemic to contemporary adolescents and young adults.
The center also assists in appropriate research-based program development for schools, agencies, and families.
Established in 2009, CARD is located on the campus of Mount Saint Mary College in Newburgh, NY.
Initiatives of the Center
- Providing services related to measurement development, administration and analysis for school districts, agencies, and other entities (including publication of research related to these instruments)
- Hosting research conferences to promote collaboration among researchers, educators, service providers, and policy makers working with adolescents
- Developing educational outreach programs for other educators as well as the general public/parents – speakers, seminars, programs
- Developing web resources for a ‘one-stop shop’ for all things adolescent for general public, parents, and educators (text recommendations, research updates, other websites and online forms/groups, etc.)
- Developing a collaborative research agenda for center faculty
Each year, CARD hosts a conference focused on adolescence in the 21st century. See CARD's conference history here.