Mount Saint Mary College's School of Business will host a panel of local leaders discussing "Healthcare Management - Healthy People 2030 Community Needs Improvement" on Wednesday, November 3 at 6:00 p.m.
The event will be held both virtually on Zoom and in person at the college's Kaplan Family Math, Science and Technology Center Atrium in Aquinas Hall. Mount Saint Mary College is located at 330 Powell Ave., Newburgh, N.Y. The public is invited to attend either version of the presentation.
Please see the "attending the panel" heading below for important instructions on how to secure a seat in person or online.
Healthcare industry professionals will be discussing important topics from Healthy People 2030, the Health and Human Services' national 10-year plan for addressing our most critical public health priorities and challenges. Hospital presidents, healthcare executives, academic professionals, and community leaders will discuss topics including how to increase the interprofessional education of health professions through curriculum development, by what means healthcare specialists can increase delivery access to underserved populations, and what Mount students can do to provide prevention services within the community.
Scheduled panel members are:
- Dan Maughan, president and COO, Montefiore St Luke's Cornwall
- Christine Berté, dean of the School of Nursing, Mount Saint Mary College
- Christian Plaza/Kyle Russo, owner/manager, Cross Valley Health and Medicine
- Nicholas Christiano, immediate past president, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Steven Kelley, president and CEO, Ellenville Regional Hospital
- COL Alicia A. Madore, deputy commander of Nursing & Health Services, Keller Army Community Hospital
- The panel will be moderated by Dr. Cathy Rehfus-Wilsek (above), MD, MBA, FACHE, associate professor of Healthcare Management and MBA practicum coordinator, Mount Saint Mary College
Attending the panel
To attend the presentation via Zoom, please visit www.msmc.edu/HealthcarePanelZoom. This link will be available starting at 5:45 p.m. on Wednesday, November 3.
To attend the presentation in person, please provide your name, your phone number, and one of the following proofs to Michele Tenneriello in the School of Business (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 3:
- Proof of COVID vaccination (photo/copy of Excelsior pass or vaccination card).
- Proof of a negative COVID test within the past 72 hours of the date of the event (employee must visually confirm photo/copy of a lab report that includes guest's name, date of birth, and date of test). Rapid or PCR tests are acceptable.
- Proof of a positive COVID test within the past 90 days (photo/copy of lab report with guest's name, date of birth, and date of test). If using this option, the guest must have recovered completely by the time they visit campus.
If you are not comfortable with sharing this information via email, please contact email@example.com to set up an alternate means of verifying your COVID proof. As an alternative, the public is heartily encouraged to attend via Zoom.
On the day of the event, all guests attending in person must fill out the MSMC daily health screener (www.msmc.edu/screening) and be symptom free. Guests must show proof of having completed this screener (a "green" screen) by either showing their results at the front gate on a smartphone or as a printout. Do not come to campus if you get a "red" screener result.
The capacity of Aquinas Atrium is 300 attendees, which will be strictly enforced as a COVID-19 precaution. All attendees must wear a face covering when on the Mount campus at all times.