Explore this Section
Looking to further your career or change fields entirely?
Getting a master’s degree from Mount Saint Mary College allows you to gain the skills and knowledge you need not only to advance in your field, but also to forge a new path for yourself.
With a master’s degree, you’re prepared to become a leader in your industry. So let us help you prepare to make a change in the world.
Benefits of Attending Graduate School at the Mount
- Classes that work around you - Evening and online options. 8-week class schedules. Six start times per year. At the Mount, you get your degree done on your schedule, not ours.
- Support for your journey - As a graduate student, you’ll benefit from all of the Mount’s student support offices - our Writing Center, Counseling Services, Library, Career Center, and more. They’re here to help you succeed!
- Dedicated graduate coordinator - You probably don’t know everything about graduate admissions. Thankfully, we have someone who does. Plus, each of our graduate programs also has a faculty member who serves as an advisor for graduate students.
- Alumni Discount - If you’re an MSMC alum, then you are eligible for a discount of 25% off graduate tuition! Save money and learn from the same great professors you already love.
Getting Started as a Grad Student
Here are the steps to take to become a graduate student at the Mount!
- Connect with our Graduate Admissions Counselor to start the process. Attend a Graduate Admissions event, set up a personal appointment, or request more information about the program of your choice.
- Apply! You can fill out our online application here.
- While you wait to hear about your acceptance, research financial aid opportunities for graduate students or meet with our Office of Financial Aid for assistance.
- After you’re accepted, set up a meeting with the graduate coordinator for your program to register for classes.
- Prior to your first day, be sure to fill out the required health forms for new students and order any textbooks needed.
- Take your first graduate course at the Mount!
Graduate Admissions Criteria
- Nursing: 3.0 GPA, Graduate Objective Statement, all official college transcripts from every college/institution attended, 3 academic and/or professional references, Current NYS RN License, Resume
- Business: 3.0 GPA (GMAT Exam score of 475 if GPA is below 3.0 or below 2.85 for MSMC Alumni), Graduate objective statement, all official college transcripts from every college/institution attended, 3 academic and/or professional references
- Education: 3.0 GPA, Graduate Objective statement, all official college transcripts from every college/institution attended, NYS Teacher Certification (if applicable), 3 academic and/or professional references, on site writing sample (if applicable)
GPA requirement: 3.0
Application fee: No Application Fee Required
Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions