Mount Saint Mary College is dedicated to the practice of democracy and strongly believes in the free exchange of ideas. However, we also believe in maintaining a strict standard of excellence in all of the material associated with the college website by virtue of links from this site. We do not favor one group over another, and any references herein to any organizations, specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, do not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by Mount Saint Mary College.
With respect to documents available from this website, neither Mount Saint Mary College nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately-owned rights.
Mount Saint Mary College is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages referenced through links within the college domain (www.msmc.edu ). The responsibility for content rests with the organizations providing the information. Specific questions regarding a document should be directed to the appropriate organization and not necessarily to the Mount Saint Mary College Webmaster.
Further, Mount Saint Mary College is not responsible for the accessibility to persons with disabilities of any off-site pages referenced through links.
Reference(s) in the Mount Saint Mary College website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Mount Saint Mary College, or its officers, employees or agents.
Data Distribution and Statement of Liability
Mount Saint Mary College shall not be held liable for improper or incorrect use of the data described and/or contained within this website. These data and related graphics are not legal documents and are not intended to be used as such.
The information contained in these data is dynamic and will change over time. Mount Saint Mary College gives no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of these data. It is the responsibility of the data user to use the data appropriately and consistent within these limitations. Although these data have been processed successfully on a computer system at Mount Saint Mary College, no warranty expressed or implied is made regarding the utility of the data on another system or for general or scientific purposes, nor shall the act of distribution constitute any such warranty. This disclaimer applies both to individual use of the data and aggregate use with other data.
Use with Permission
To obtain permission to reproduce the information (text or graphics) contained on the Mount Saint Mary College website for any commercial purpose, see the instructions contained within the Copyright Policy.
Web Posting Policies
The purpose of the Mount Saint Mary College (MSMC) website is to support the educational mission of the college.
- All materials produced by MSMC personnel on official pages of the MSMC website are protected by copyright of Mount Saint Mary College, All Rights Reserved.
- The MSMC name, seal, logo, and other official images are property of the college, and may not be used without permission of the Marketing office.
- In order to reinforce a unified visual identity for the college, writers for college pages should follow the MSMC Web Style Guide. In addition, MSMC adheres to the latest edition of The AP Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law, 2006h Edition. )
- Copyrighted material may not be used on any MSMC web page without permission of the copyright owner.
- Persons uploading content and graphics to a MSMC web page are responsible for ensuring that copyrights are respected.
- MSMC does not permit web posting of content that is illegal, that violates license rights or other contractual agreements, or that violates the privacy rights of any individual.
- Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of the MSMC website for personal and private use as an informational resource. Any other use of materials on this website, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, republication, transmission, re-transmission, modification, or public showing without the prior written permission of the MSMC Marketing office is strictly prohibited.
- MSMC reserves the right to reject or remove from any MSMC web server materials that are outdated, erroneous or misleading, illegal, unethical, or detrimental to the mission and operations of the college.
- The MSMC website contains links that allow visitors to access other websites that are not controlled by the college. Such links are provided as a convenience, and do not imply endorsement by the college. MSMC assumes no responsibility or liability for any material on these links, and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the contents of any linked site.
- MSMC reserves the right to refuse to offer a link on an official college web page, or to remove a link without notice.
- Visitors to the MSMC website may not modify, delete or otherwise tamper with any information or materials on the website.
- Visitors to the MSMC website may not unlawfully use, reverse engineer or reproduce any of the software, copyrighted material, trade secrets or other proprietary information contained or used on the website.
- MSMC makes no representations regarding the accuracy or completeness of the MSMC website. The site is provided "as is" without any warranty.
The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in programs conducted by Federal agencies, in programs receiving Federal financial assistance, in Federal employment, and in the employment practices of Federal contractors.
Section 504 states that "no qualified individual with a disability in the United States shall be excluded from, denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under" any program or activity that either receives Federal financial assistance or is conducted by any Executive agency.
Section 508 now establishes requirements for electronic and information technology developed, maintained, procured, or used by the Federal government. Section 508 requires Federal electronic and information technology to be accessible to people with disabilities, including employees and members of the public.
In December 2000 the Federal Access Board issued final standards for electronic and information technology under Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. These were adopted and published in the Federal Registrar in April 2001 with enforcement to begin June 21, 2001.
While these standards currently apply to federal government, it is the practice of Mount Saint Mary College and their web designers and developers to become familiar with these accessibility guidelines and to apply these principles in designing and creating the official Mount Saint Mary College websites.
Access Instructions for Users with Disabilities
We are pleased to provide an alternative medium for accessing information about our programs and services. If you have any suggestions for improving the accessibility features of our website, please contact the Mount Saint Mary College Help Desk at 845-569-3491.
Instructions for Users with Visual Disabilities
The Mount Saint Mary College website has been designed to be used with a screen reader. For instance, images on our website are accompanied by a word image tag that may be visible if your browser supports the alt-text function.