Accepted Transfer Students
Welcome to the Mount!
Congratulations on your acceptance to Mount Saint Mary College! We were impressed by your academic achievements and life experience and think you’re going to spark great things in the world. We’re thrilled to be a part of your educational journey and look forward to welcoming you as part of the Mount community.
Your Mount experience awaits. Here are some resources to help you get there!
Accepted Student Portal
Bookmark the link to this portal. Trust us. It’s going to be your lifeline for completing the final steps of your admissions process, provide important updates on the start of your college career, and generally be your go-to for the next few months. Best of all, it’s customized for you, so it shows you only the deadlines and details necessary for your unique journey.
Steps to Your First Day
- Financial aid: If you haven’t already, be sure to fill out the FAFSA to qualify for financial aid. Remember to include the Mount’s school code, 002778.
- Advisement: After your acceptance, you’ll want to schedule an appointment to review your transfer credit evaluation (see which credits will transfer towards your Mount degree). Contact your admissions counselor to set that up! You’ll also go over which classes you’ll take during your first semester.
- Admissions events: We encourage you to attend an admissions event, including our annual Accepted Student Days, to make sure the Mount is for you.
- Deposit and register: To confirm your enrollment, you’ll pay your admissions deposit and register for your first semester’s classes.
- Transcripts: If you’ve completed any additional courses since applying, be sure to send your final official transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- Housing and health forms: Health forms for new students must be submitted to the Office of Health Services prior to beginning classes at the college. Additionally, if you plan to live on campus, you’ll receive more information on the housing application from the Office of Residence Life.
- Transfer Orientation: Attend Transfer Orientation prior to the start of your first semester to receive your parking pass and student ID, learn about helpful resources and offices on campus, and get to know your fellow transfer students.
- MSMC email: Get into the habit of checking your MSMC email. It can be accessed from portal.msmc.edu, then the Google email icon at the top.
- Validation: About two weeks before classes begin, you’ll be sent a very important email to validate, or confirm, your enrollment. Please be sure to open and follow the instructions in it!
- Textbooks: Order your textbooks for the semester on the campus bookstore site.
- Attend your first class!
Let’s make it official
Ready to make the Mount your home? Deposit today!