No Boundaries: Complicated Deaths - Complicated Grief
The Kaplan Family Foundation invites you to attend No Boundaries: Complicated Deaths - Complicated Grief, the second session of a three-part conversation, on Tuesday, December 5, 2023 at 5 pm.
Please join us as we explore more complicated forms of grief in our second session. Here we address risk factors for complicated grief, such as traumatic and sudden losses - focusing on devastating deaths due to suicide, addiction, and homicide; the current ways that complications of grief are noted in the DSM-5-TR; and current perspectives on treatment.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Define trauma and differentiate it from grief
- Indicate factors that complicate reactions to deaths due to suicide, homicide, and addiction-related deaths
- Define trauma-informed care
- Define complicated grief and describe risk factors that might contribute to complicated grief reactions
- List five ways that complications of grief, including Prolonged Grief Disorder, that are now recognized in the DSM-5-TR
- Briefly describe treatment modalities recommended for forms of complicated grief and trauma
Kindly RSVP in advance.