Mount Saint Mary College's School of Business will host a panel of local leaders discussing "Hospitality and Event Management in the Age of COVID and Beyond" on Wednesday, October 13 at 5:30 p.m.
The event will be held both virtually on Zoom and in person at the college's Kaplan Family Math, Science and Technology Center atrium in Aquinas Hall. Mount Saint Mary College is located at 330 Powell Ave., Newburgh, N.Y. The public is invited to attend either version of the presentation.
Please see the "attending the panel" heading below for important instructions on how to secure a seat in person or online.
Hospitality, event management, and tourism comprise one of the largest industries in New York. They are an engine of economic energy, prosperity, and growth. This enlightening panel discussion will feature leaders across the hospitality and event management spectrum in the Hudson Valley and beyond, including a restauranteur, leaders in statewide tourism development and professional sports, and representatives of nationally ranked resorts, vacation destinations, and international music performances. Panelists will discuss topics including the impacts of COVID-19 on their industry, efforts to move forward, and exciting opportunities that present themselves for future growth and activity across the Hudson Valley. They will also discuss how to educate the next generation of business leaders in these fields.
Scheduled panel members are:
Rob Affuso, president, Soulsystem Orchestras; former drummer, Skid Row, 1987-1998
- Susan Eisma, director of Human Resources, Legoland New York Resort
- J'Rod Lang, owner, Blacc Vanilla Coffee Shop & Roasters
- Bob Provost, president and CEO, New York State Tourism Industry Association
- R. Scott Russell, Ph.D., assistant professor of Sports Management, Mount Saint Mary College
- Rick Zolzer, vice president, Hudson Valley Renegades (New York Yankees Affiliate Minor League Baseball Organization)
- A representative of Rocking Horse Ranch/SplashDown Beach Water Park (Turk Hospitality Group)
- The panel will be moderated by Michael L. Fox, J.D., assistant professor of Business Law and MBA Coordinator at the college.
Attending the panel
To attend the presentation via Zoom, please visit www.msmc.edu/BusinessPanel. This link will be available starting at 5:15 p.m. on Wednesday, October 13.
To attend the presentation in person, please provide your name, your phone number, and one of the following proofs to Michele Tenneriello in the School of Business (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 p.m. on Monday, October 11:
- Proof of COVID vaccination (photo/copy of Excelsior pass or vaccination card).
- Proof of a negative COVID test within the past 72 hours of the date of the event (employee must visually confirm photo/copy of a lab report that includes guest's name, date of birth, and date of test). Rapid or PCR tests are acceptable.
- Proof of a positive COVID test within the past 90 days (photo/copy of lab report with guest's name, date of birth, and date of test. If using this option, the guest must have recovered completely by the time they visit campus.)
If you are not comfortable with sharing this information via email, please contact email@example.com to set up an alternate means of verifying your COVID proof. As an alternative, the public is heartily encouraged to attend via Zoom.
On the day of the event, all guests attending in person must fill out the MSMC daily health screener (www.msmc.edu/screening) and be symptom free. Guests must show proof of having completed this screener (a "green" screen) by either showing their results at the front gate on a smartphone or as a printout. Do not come to campus if you get a "red" screener result.
The capacity of Aquinas Atrium is 300 attendees, which will be strictly enforced as a COVID-19 precaution. All attendees must wear a face covering when on the Mount campus at all times.