Here is a breakdown of tuition and fees at Mount Saint Mary College for the 2023-2024 academic year. Most of our students receive some form of financial aid, so the cost of tuition may be significantly lower for you depending on your academic achievements and financial need. Be sure to check out our scholarships page for more information or our Net Price Calculator for an estimate of what a Mount education might cost for you. Please note that not all fees may apply to you (i.e. late or return check fees or fees for specific academic programs). They are provided here to estimate your total cost of attendance.
Traditional Undergraduates and Transfer Students | Non-Traditional Undergraduate Students | Graduate Students
Traditional Undergraduates and Transfer Students
Triple Room Discount Policy: Any first-year student occupying a triple room by October 1, and not offered the option to relocate to a double room, will have a $500 semester discount applied to room fees for that term. Students provided the option to relocate to a double room prior to October 1, but decline, will not be eligible for such a discount.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate Students
1Education-Taskstream Fees are applicable to education majors each fall semester, over a period of four academic years (freshman through senior).
2Nursing Clinical Fee is applicable when nursing students attend the following core courses: NUR-2024, NUR-3013, NUR-3022, NUR-3051, NUR-3800, NUR-4020, NUR-4052.
3Nursing Lab Fee is applicable when nursing students attend the following core courses: NUR-2024 and NUR-2044.
4Nursing NCLEX Prep Course Fee is applicable when nursing students attend NUR-4060. Fee subject to change.
5Typhon Clinical Tracking Fee is applicable when nursing students attend NUR-4020 and NUR-4052.
6Nursing Practicum Fee is applicable when nursing students attend the following core courses: NUR-5230, NUR-5401, NUR-6220, NUR-6230, NUR-6281, NUR-6291, NUR-6150, NUR-6160, NUR-6350. The fee varies from $250 to $750 based on number of practicum hours (~$4.17 per hour) required by the associated course.
7General Fee supports non-instructional student services including registration, record keeping, and student activities.
8Degree Completion evening programs of study include: Accounting, Business Management & Administration, Human Services, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Interdisciplinary Studies toward Childhood Education, Nursing, and Psychology.
9Military students may qualify to receive reduced rate tuition if the following eligibility requirements are met:
- Accepted into the Degree Completion or Graduate Program
- Not currently the recipient of reduced rate tuition
- Provide documentation of current or previous military service
- (e.g. service orders, DD214, letter of employment on branch/employer's letterhead, etc.)
- Active duty military personnel including Air National Guard at Stewart
- Dependents of active duty military personnel
- Department of Defense employees
10RN to BS Online and MBA Fully Online program majors receive reduced per credit tuition billing for online courses. Any in-class sessions attended during the program are subject to the full in-class rate for that respective graduate or undergraduate degree completion level course.
5-Year Program majors attending graduate and undergraduate level courses (in the same academic term) receive per credit tuition billing at the respective graduate and undergraduate rates.
- 5-Year Education majors – BA/MSed track have the option to receive the alumni discount for graduate courses or to extend institutional aid (excluding the MSMC Grant) to the fall and spring terms of their 5th year (9th & 10th semesters), if attending full-time. [Institutional aid is reduced to cover the cost of tuition only, not fees.]
- 5-Year BS/MBA and BA/MBA majors may not extend institutional aid to the fall and spring terms of their 5th year (9th & 10th semesters), as their traditional undergraduate degree is conferred at the conclusion of their 4th year. At the start of their 5th year, BS/MBA and BA/MBA Majors are classified as graduates (no longer eligible for institutional aid) and may receive the alumni discount on graduate-level courses.
Mount Alumni: Students who earned a bachelor's or master's degree from the Mount (with the exception of 5-year bachelor's/master's degree scholarship students) may receive a 25% reduction to graduate tuition! Come back to the Mount for a graduate degree, save money, and improve your range of possibilities in a competitive job market.
Tuition and fees are accurate as of the most recent update in November 2022.