Mount Saint Mary College's CMA Gallery will host an opening reception for the Communication, Art, and Digital Media 2021 Faculty Exhibition on Thursday, October 28 from 5 to 7 p.m.
This dynamic exhibition of photography, painting, ceramics, and mixed media will showcase the work of the Mount's visual arts faculty.
The reception and gallery are free and open to the public, but you must follow the COVID policy detailed below. Please see the "attending the reception" heading for important instructions on how to attend in person.
The gallery is located on the first floor of Aquinas Hall on campus, 330 Powell Ave., Newburgh, N.Y.
After the opening reception, the gallery will be open Monday through Friday during normal business hours, or by appointment through February 24, 2022. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Exhibiting faculty members include:
- Dean Goldberg, professor of Digital Media and Film Studies, and Director of the Communication, Art, and Digital Media (CADM) program
- Chris Neyen, associate professor of Art and Graphic Design, and CMA Gallery Coordinator
- Sascha Mallon, adjunct professor of Ceramics and Painting
- Nicole Mischo, adjunct professor of Art History
- Maxine Leu, adjunct professor of Art
- Stephen Mallon, adjunct professor of Photography
The Mount's CMA gallery was created in 2019 as a professional artist space to exhibit media picked by Mount faculty from among the rising population of artists who live and work in Newburgh, Beacon, and throughout the Hudson Valley.
The Mount's CADM programs encompass the study of advertising and public relations, digital media production, graphic design, and journalism. CADM also offers minors in each of these disciplines, as well as in art and film studies. Housed in the Mount's Division of Arts and Letters, CADM programs prepare students for both traditional and emerging professions.
CADM recently added a major in Visual Communication-Graphic Design, spearheaded by Neyen. Students in this program study visual communication with an emphasis on conceptual problem-solving and technical proficiency.
Attending the reception
If you are a visitor to the college, you may attend in person. To attend the reception in person, please provide your name, your phone number, and one of the following proofs to Christopher Neyen at Christopher.Neyen@msmc.edu by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, October 27:
- Proof of COVID vaccination (photo/copy of Excelsior pass or vaccination card)
- Proof of a negative COVID test within the past 72 hours of the date of the event. (Rapid or PCR tests are acceptable)
- Proof of a positive COVID test within the past 90 days of the date of the event. (photo/copy of lab report with guest's name, date of birth, and date of test. If using this option, the guest must have recovered completely by the time they visit campus.)
If you are not comfortable with sharing this information via email, please contact Christopher.Neyen@msmc.edu to set up an alternate means of verifying your COVID proof.
On the day of the event, all guests attending in person must fill out the MSMC daily health screener (www.msmc.edu/screening) and be symptom free. Guests must show proof of having completed this screener (a "green" screen) by either showing their results at the front gate on a smart phone or as a printout. Do not come to campus if you get a "red" screener result.
All attendees must wear a face covering when on the Mount campus at all times.