Welcome Future Knights!
Congratulations on being accepted to the Mount! Getting accepted to college is such a fantastic achievement, and you and your family should be proud of your accomplishments. Go ahead and do a happy dance; we promise, we won’t judge.
Now, we know that you still have decisions about where to make your mark on the world. So here are a few resources for you as you make your college decision:
Accepted Student Portal
Bookmark the link to this portal. Trust us. It’s going to be your lifeline for completing the final steps of your admissions process, provide important updates on the start of your college career, and generally be your go-to for the next few months. Best of all, it’s customized for you, so it shows you only the deadlines and details necessary for your unique journey.
Timeline to College
You’re probably wondering, what next? Here’s what the next few months look like on your path to the Mount:
- Make sure you visit the Accepted Student Portal. It will be the same login as your applicant portal.
- If you already know the Mount is for you, pay your Admissions deposit to save your seat!
- Come visit us! (Fall is a gorgeous time in the Hudson Valley.)
- Get ready to file your FAFSA starting October 1. It only takes about 30 minutes to complete, and we’ll use that information to develop your financial aid package. The Mount’s school code is 002778. File by December 1 for priority deadline.
- Join our Facebook group for accepted students!
- If you haven’t already, file your FAFSA by February 15 to receive full consideration for Mount need-based grants as well as state and federal aid.
- Register to attend Accepted Student Day in March or April, where you’ll meet your classmates, participate in a mock class in your division, and participate in a campus scavenger hunt.
- Don’t forget about Accepted Student Day 1!
- You’re probably starting to narrow down your college choices. If you decide the Mount is the one, be sure to pay your admissions deposit online. Deposits are due May 1 and are refundable prior to that deadline.
- If you didn’t attend ASD 1, now’s your chance at Accepted Student Day 2!
- Need clarification about something in your financial aid package or have last-minute financing questions? You can set up an appointment with the Office of Financial Aid!
- We will offer campus tours during the day in April, so sign up to take one last look around before making your decision.
- If the Mount is the college for you, submit your deposit by May 1.
Congrats on choosing the Mount!
- If you plan to live on campus, watch your email for information on the Housing Application.
- Information about registration for Orientation will also be emailed to you this month.
- If you are a student with a disability and require accommodations, be sure to submit all necessary paperwork to the Office of Disability Services.
- Housing applications are due this month!
- If you were invited into the Honors program, you must also accept your invitation this month in order to be part of the program.
- Upon completing your high school degree, ask your high school counselor to send your official high school transcripts to the Mount. Final transcripts must be submitted to the Mount prior to August 1 in order for financial aid funds to be dispersed.
- Your tuition bill for the fall semester will be available via the Accepted Student Portal this month. Loan applications can now also be completed at www.studentloans.gov. Monthly Payment Plan enrollment also begins on June 15, with the first bill due July 15.
- Watch your email and the Accepted Student Portal for new student health forms, which must be submitted to the Office of Health Services by August 1.
- If you took any college courses or AP exams, make sure to request official transcripts from the awarding college or the College Board to be sent to the Mount.
- For those enrolled in the Monthly Payment Plan, the first payment is due July 15.
- Be sure to complete your Title IX training this month. The training can be accessed from the Accepted Student Portal.
- If you haven’t already submitted them, health forms are due to the Office of Health Services by August 1.
- Housing assignments for resident students will be sent early this month.
- Get into the habit of checking your MSMC email. It can be accessed from portal.msmc.edu, then the Google email icon at the top. You’ll probably already have some emails about upcoming fall events.
- In the middle of this month, you’ll be sent a very important email to validate, or confirm, your fall enrollment. Please be sure to open and follow the instructions in it!
- Order your textbooks for the fall semester on the campus bookstore site.
- Get ready for Move-In Day and the first day of classes! View our list of What to Bring to be sure you’re prepared.
Let's Make It Official
Is the Mount where you want to spend your #Next4? Deposit today!