The inaugural Discovery of Recovery Symposium will be held at Mount Saint Mary College on December 9 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mount Saint Mary College is located at 330 Powell Ave., Newburgh, N.Y. The symposium will take place in the college’s Hudson Hall building. The event is free, but space is limited. To register, visit MSMC.edu/Recovery
The event is a joint venture between the Mount and the Resource Recovery Center of Orange County, in collaboration with several local, state, and national sponsors.
The event will focus on five vital addiction issues:
- Defining harm reduction and how it works to save lives
- Developing programs to meet individual needs
- “Peer”-ing into the future of Treatment (and why it works) – using peer counselors to connect with present clients
- Falling between the cracks (and how we can fill those gaps)
- Creating a re-integrated community of recovery: discussing re-integration into the community and the programs needed for this
Experts in the field and a variety of organizations will be available to help answer your questions about substance use disorders and how we can turn-back the tide of the addiction epidemic.