Business Management & Administration
Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Administration
Business majors are visionaries. They aren’t satisfied until they achieve their goal. They work hard, dream big, and strive to innovate.
With a business background, the possibilities for your future are pretty endless. Let’s take your drive and motivation and give you the knowledge you need to make your mark on the world.
Why be a Business major?
Here's what makes the Mount's Business major unique:
- Professionals as professors: Our Mount Business professors aren’t just teachers; they’re also award-winning business professionals. You’ll benefit from their experience and contacts to help you network and be successful.
- MBA pairing: Save money and time with our 5-Year Business BS / MBA combo. Learn from the same professors you’re already comfortable with and be prepared to take on leadership positions.
- Specialize your degree: The ability to choose a concentration in an in-demand niche like Finance, Marketing, or Sports Management allows you to pick your own path and sets you apart on job applications.
- International and service focus: Any business school can teach you the tips and tricks. We specialize in teaching business with a heart. You’ll learn all of these skills in the context of global responsibility. We’re here to help you effect change in your community, workplace, and the world.
The Mount’s Accounting and Business programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE). Learn more about our accreditation here.
What to expect as a Business major
33 credits in Business | 33 credits in related fields | 15 credits in concentration
Learn about Business major academic requirements and courses here.
As a Business major, your classes will focus on developing your oral and written communication skills and prepare you for all the facets of business, including finance, ethics, law, management, and more.
You won’t just be learning in the classroom, however. Have you ever wanted to see what operations were like at Yankee Stadium, the New York Stock Exchange, or the United Nations? Just a train ride away from major business hubs like New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, and Albany, Mount Business majors often go on behind-the-scenes trips to organizations like these. Our students also have the opportunity to participate in the Student Business Association and Medici Scholars.
Business classwork also often involves working with local nonprofits. Some of our Finance students recently provided financial cost analyses to a youth retreat program, and our marketing students create business plans for small businesses in the Hudson Valley as part of their assignments.
Your studies will conclude with a capstone project that summarizes everything you’ve learned and allows you to apply it to a project about which you’re passionate. (Plus, it makes great supplemental material for a resume!)
Be prepared for your future
As a Business major, your future is wide open with possibilities. The analytical, communication, and practical skills you develop at the Mount can be applied across a wide variety of industries, including corporate, nonprofit, and entrepreneurial organizations.
Want to gain experience in Business before you even get a job offer? The Mount's Career Center has a dedicated business career counselor who can help you find an internship and gain real world experience. Mount Business majors have interned both locally and in NYC, including at organizations like IBM, Office of the U.S. Secret Service, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, and Newburgh Family YMCA.
Here's how some of our Business alumni are using their degrees:
- Anthony Sacco ’95, Head of Finance and Operations Compliance (SVP) for HSBC Securities (USA), Inc.
- Angela Wise ’13, MBA ’16, Executive Director of HR, Data, and School Counseling at Pine Bush Central School District
- Karla Leon '15, Marketing Coordinator at Inspire - Orange County Cerebral Palsy Association
- Peter Greco '15, Business Intelligence Data Analyst for Hudson Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Tyler Mannix '19, Digital Marketing Coordinator at HAI Group